The table below gives Australian school enrolment prices by school type, state, and number of terms. All prices listed are in Australian Dollars (AUD). Currency Converter
The application becomes binding with the acceptance of a school place offered by the school. The amount stated in the price list below must then be paid some months before arrival (see also Steps 5 and 6, Confirming and Enrolling). This price is made up of school fees, host family fees and mandatory insurance. These amounts are set by the state, and are paid directly to the school authorities.
At the same time, Highschool Australia will issue an invoice for its services (This is a one-off lump-sum fee of 2250 AUD and is NOT included in the price list below).
Each Term usually corresponds to about three months, however, Term 4 is shorter due to end of year exams and the beginning of summer holidays. You can find the exact term dates on the page Australian School Calendar.
Prices State Schools 2022
|QUEENSLAND||1 Term||2 Terms||3 Terms||4 Terms|
|Regional (Year 9-12)||AUD 7,750||AUD 14,930||AUD 22,250||AUD 28,900|
|State (Year 7-10)||AUD 8,480||AUD 16,320||AUD 24,335||AUD 31,575|
|State (Year 11+12)||AUD 9,400||AUD 17,335||AUD 25,890||AUD 33,565|
|NEW SOUTH WALES||1 Term||2 Terms||3 Terms||4 Terms|
|Regional (Year 7-10)||AUD 8,700||AUD 16,580||AUD 24,450||AUD 32,320|
|Regional (Year 11+12)||AUD 9,090||AUD 17,340||AUD 25,590||AUD 33.840|
|Sydney (Year 9+10)||AUD 9,050||AUD 17,270||AUD 25,485||AUD 33.700|
|Sydney (Year 11+12)||AUD 9,510||AUD 18,190||AUD 26,860||AUD 35,540|
|VICTORIA||1 Term||2 Terms||3 Terms||4 Terms|
|State (Year 10)||AUD 8,980||AUD 16,425||AUD 24,940||AUD 31,310|
|State (Year 11+12)||AUD 9,480||AUD 17,835||AUD 26,865||AUD 32,700|
|SOUTH AUSTRALIA||1 Term||2 Terms||3 Terms||4 Terms|
|Regional (Year 8-12)||AUD 7,450||AUD 14,600||AUD 21,750||AUD 28,900|
|State (Year 8-10)||AUD 8,330||AUD 15,480||AUD 22,630||AUD 29,780|
|State (Year 11+12)||AUD 8,680||AUD 16,180||AUD 23,680||AUD 31,180|
|TASMANIA||1 Term||2 Terms||3 Terms||4 Terms|
|State (Year 7+8)||AUD 7,310||AUD 14,410||AUD 22,530||AUD 28,610|
|State (Year 9+10)||AUD 7,310||AUD 14,410||AUD 22,530||AUD 28,610|
|State (Year 11+12)||AUD 7,570||AUD 14,930||AUD 22,290||AUD 29,650|
|CANBERRA (ACT)||1 Term||2 Terms||3 Terms||4 Terms|
|State (Year 10)||AUD 8,560||AUD 16,420||AUD 24,290||AUD 32,190|
|State (Year 11+12)||AUD 9,120||AUD 17,440||AUD 25,750||AUD 33,700|
|WESTERN AUSTRALIA||1 Term||2 Terms||3 Terms||4 Terms|
|State (Year 7-10)||AUD 9,500||AUD 18,300||AUD 27,150||AUD 35,950|
|State (Year 11+12)||AUD 10,000||AUD 19,300||AUD 28,550||AUD 37,550|
Prices Private Schools 2022
The private schools in Australia do not publish their prices for the coming year until late summer or autumn. Therefore, in calculating future year fees, you should allow for an increase of about 2% higher than the previous year. The prices listed here refer to year 11 and 12. Years 10 and below are possibly cheaper. The price for a stay of 12 months or 4 terms is based on being in country for 46 weeks. Depending on whether the major summer holiday in December and January is included in the stay, the actual price may vary up or down. Otherwise the same conditions apply.
Prices for one term or three terms are provided on request, noting that for some private schools, the minimum stay is two terms.
A click on the name will take you to the school description.
The prices shown include:
- Tuition fees
- Board and lodging with a host family or in a boarding school
- Transfer from airport to host family or boarding school (available at most schools)
- Health insurance (we recommend that you also buy additional insurance before you leave)
- Advice on choosing a suitable study location
- Individual advice on choosing a high school and subjects
- Full preparation for life in Australia prior to your departure
- Assistance with completing school and visa application forms
- Local orientation session on arrival at your destination school
- Local support by qualified team, including home-stay coordinator and study advisor
- 24-hour emergency telephone hotline throughout your stay in Australia
- Ongoing support and review of your chosen subjects by international student coordinators and Highschool Australia
- Support for parents and students regarding holiday programs and general questions on school-related matters
The prices shown do not include:
- Visa fees A$630 (April 2022)
- School uniforms
- Travel opportunities during school holidays (optional)
- Pocket money, typically around A$200 per month
- Private travel insurance and/or health insurance
- Costs for International Baccalaureate (if chosen), A$1079 per semester
- Depending on the school, there may be equipment rental (e.g. laptop etc.)
- Some private schools may apply additional material costs for certain subjects
The listed prices may vary slightly depending on the exact duration of the school term, and whether you are staying in Australia throughout the summer holidays. In many cases prices may be lower than those shown.
NOTE: In Queensland and South Australia, regional school prices apply to certain state schools. These schools are identified by a green marker on the school location map, or by a corresponding note (see the list of individual schools).